Meghan specialises in representing medical and health care professionals in their many practice challenges, assisting them in a wide range of practice areas in their business and personal lives.
Meghan joined the Burke & Associates team after extensive experience at several law firms such as McMasters’ Solicitors, Maurice Blackburn Commercial and Goldman Legal.
Meghan’s clients benefit from her broad reaching advice, her holistic approach and care for her clients.
Meghan has great interest in charity, aid and development work both in Australia and overseas. Until merger with SurfAid in 2014, Meghan was child protection officer and director of Sumba Foundation Australia. Meghan has also assisted in the establishment of health promotion charities such as Leila Rose Foundation.
Outside of the law, she enjoys photography, travelling and training in boxing, crossfit, and muay thai kickboxing (black singlet level).
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (University of Melbourne)
- Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning) (RMIT)
- Certificate from Australian Aid International - Introduction to Humanitarian Operations
- Admitted to practice in Australia’s State and Federal jurisdictions
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria Health Law Committee, Administrative Law & Human Rights Section
- Member of the Australian Association of Practice Management
- Member of the Law Council of Australia, SME Committee, Business Law Section
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria Court Practice, Litigation Section
- Member of the American Bar Association, Business Law, Dispute Resolution, Forum on Construction Law, Health Law, Litigation and Senior & Younger Lawyers Divisions.
Publications and Papers
- Paper submitted in Children Rights & The Law (University of Melbourne) short listed for publication in Children Rights Law Journal