LL.B (Hons) Grad Dip. L.P., GAICD.
After a decade of being part of the Burke & Associates team, Kristy has mastered a broad range of essential skills in the day-to-day operation of a busy legal practice. Kristy heads the Property Law team at Burke & Associates and became a part owner of the firm in 2014.
Since joining Burke & Associates in 2006, Kristy quickly became a key member of our team. Having mastered a broad range of essential skills in the day-to-day operation of a busy legal practice, Kristy took on the role of Director and part owner in 2014. She heads the Property Law team at Burke & Associates.
With over a decade of experience, Kristy has acted for scores of clients that range from corporate clients, individuals and families, landlords and tenants, financiers and property developers. She is well equipped to handle your property law transactions.
Whilst Kristy has experience in all aspects of property law, she enjoys a challenge in dealing with the vast array of issues that arise in property developments, complex duty transactions, applications for vesting orders by possession (adverse possession) and commercial and retail leasing matters.
Kristy prides herself on forming lasting relationships and providing timely advice in plain English allowing her clients to completely comprehend the issues at hand, evaluate the matter and make appropriate decisions for the best outcome.
Outside of work, Kristy enjoys traveling and keeps busy with her young family.
Property and development including:
- Multiple lot residential and mixed-use property development
- Pre-contractual advice and due diligence for residential, commercial and off-the-plan transactions
- Aged care property transactions
- Superannuation & trust property transactions
- Spousal and related party transfers
- Deceased estate property transactions
- Commercial and retail lease transactions
- Farm lease transactions
- Adverse possession claims
- Complex duty transactions
- Construction finance
- Property disputes
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Lawyers graduating with Honours (Deakin University)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Certificate IV in Business (Legal Services)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Australian Property Law Group, Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia