Director / Lawyer
LL.B (Hons) Grad Dip. L.P., GAICD.
After a decade of being part of the Burke & Associates team, Kristy has mastered a broad range of essential skills in the day-to-day operation of a busy legal practice. Kristy heads the Property Law team at Burke & Associates and became a part owner of the firm in 2014.
Kristy has acted for scores of clients including corporate clients, individuals and families, landlords and tenants, financiers, and property developers. She also enjoys the challenges of dealing with complex duty transactions, applications for vesting orders by possession (adverse possession) and miscellaneous leasing matters.
Kristy prides herself on providing timely advice in plain English allowing her clients to completely comprehend the issues at hand, evaluate the matter and make appropriate decisions for the best outcome.
In her spare time, Kristy enjoys cooking, camping, traveling and spending time with family and friends.
Property and development including:
- Multiple lot residential and mixed-use property development
- Pre-contractual advice and due diligence for residential, commercial and off-the-plan transactions
- Aged care property transactions
- Superannuation & trust property transactions
- Spousal and related party transfers
- Deceased estate property transactions
- Commercial and retail lease transactions
- Farm lease transactions
- Adverse possession claims
- Complex duty transactions
- Construction finance
- Property disputes
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Lawyers graduating with Honours (Deakin University)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law)
- Certificate IV in Business (Legal Services)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Australian Property Law Group, Legal Practice Section of the Law Council of Australia