Senior Family Lawyer
Jenni has over 30 years experience as a family lawyer. Prior to joining Burke & Associates in 2015, Jenni helped thousands of people navigate the difficult and stressful issues following the breakdown of marriages, de facto relationships including same sex couples.
Jenni’s extensive experience in private practice has seen her:
- Join the Relationships Australia's Lawyers Panel;
- Twice be seconded to the Melbourne Registry of the Family Court of Australia to act as a Deputy Registrar; and
- Previously take the position of Child Representative on the Victoria Legal Aid Panel of Child Representatives representing children in family court proceedings.
These achievements are hallmarks of seniority amongst the ranks of family lawyers and evidence of the high regard for Jenni’s skills in a difficult practice area of the law.
Jenni draws on the complementary expertise of other lawyers in areas of property, commercial disputes and estate administration here at Burke & Associates
When not at work, Jenni enjoys live theatre, gym classes, travelling and good food and spending time with her partner and dogs.
- Consent Orders
- Financial Agreements
- Family Law property division
- De facto relationship property division
- Same sex relationship property division
- Spousal maintenance disputes
- Adult child maintenance disputes
- Child support agreements
- Child care and welfare arrangements
- Injunctions to preserve property
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Arts (La Trobe University)
- Member of Relationships Australia’s Lawyers panel
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria
- Member of the Family Law section of the Law Council of Australia