Consultant - Business Law Specialist
B.A LL.B DIP.FIN. MGT, Accredited Business Law Specialist
For over 30 years Tony Burke has been one of Melbourne’s most trusted names when it comes to matters of law.
Tony specialises in business and commercial law with a focus on areas such as SME commercial law, commercial property transactions and private client advisory work.
Here are just some of Tony’s achievements from his decades-long experience of practising law:
- In 2008, Tony represented Victorian lawyers at State, National, and International legal forums as President of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV) – the peak body for lawyers in Victoria
- He has been a long serving member and Chair of the LIV’s Business Law Committee and remains a member of its Editorial Committee
- Tony has acted as the inaugural Chair of the Law Council of Australia’s new SME Business Law Committee, representing Australian lawyers in dealing with the Commonwealth Government regarding legal issues relevant to SMEs
- Tony has also been appointed by VCAT as an independent personal financial administrator on many occasions.
Outside the practice Tony is a keen amateur athlete. He has twice competed as part of the Australian team at World Triathlon Championships in New Zealand (2003) and Switzerland (2006). In late June 2013 Tony attempted to swim the English Channel but in unseasonably cold conditions withdrew after 6 hours in 12-degree water. Another attempt is on the agenda, maybe. Meanwhile he participates in cycling and open-water swimming all year round.
Professional qualifications and memberships
- Bachelor of Law (Monash University)
- Bachelor of Arts (La Trobe University)
- Graduate Diploma in Management, Business Administration and Management (University of New England (AU))